We’re delighted to announce that after two weeks of voting, Clare Jefferis’ recipe for Gooseberry Pots is the clear winner in our Diamond Jubilee Recipe competition.
Claire was crowned winner with more than half of the final votes, after having fought off competition from the other three shortlisted recipes which included Smoked Salmon Cheesecake, Royally Spiced Smoked Salmon Parcels and Dream Cream Jubilee Cake.
As the overall winner, we will be sending Clare our fantastic Jubilee Shopper to celebrate the 5th June in style.
Gooseberry Pots is a firm favourite in the Jefferis household and tastes even better when it is made with homegrown gooseberries. Below is the recipe in case you want to try it out for your own Jubilee celebrations.
Congratulations Clare from all at Inverawe!
500g (1lb 2oz) gooseberries
100g (3.5oz) caster sugar
30mls (1 fl oz) sweet cider (or apple juice)
75g (2.75oz) coarse white breadcrumbs
25g (1oz) butter (ideally unsalted)
2 egg yolks
whipped cream or custard to serve
1. Put gooseberries in a pan with sugar and cider and cook over a low heat until half stewed.
2. Add the breadcrumbs and cook for a futher 3-4 minutes. The mixture should be quite thick.
3. Take the pan off the heat and beat in the butter and egg yolks. Taste for sweetness.
4. Leave to cool to room temperature then put the mixture into little glasses and chill.
5. Serve topped with whipped cream or cold custrd on top.